St Michael's Year 12 Optional Outdoor Programs 2022
Outward Bound is the heart and heritage of outdoor education and still the largest adventure learning organisation in the world. We have proudly delivered life-changing experiences to over 500,000 Australians since 1956.
Outward Bound Australia is an independent, not for profit organization. Through adventure-based outdoor programs, we facilitate self-discovery; enabling people to find ideals and communities to serve, purpose to strive for, and resilience (not to yield) in the face of life challenges.
St Michael’s have asked us to run two optional outdoor education programs for 2022 Year 12 students in the April School holidays. OEG doesn’t have capacity for this and the school is trying to address two years of disappointment and missed opportunities for your children.
Recalibrate is a 5-day Base Camp program on the Snowy River near Buchan, Victoria, for those who want an outdoor adventure at a slower pace. Regenerate is a 7-day Expedition program in either Buchan or Walpole, Western Australia, a challenging adventure with leadership focus.
Snowy River, Victoria. 19-23 April 2022
- Day adventures
- Yoga and meditation
- Service focus - tree planting, bush regeneration
- Solo - gratitude
- Citizen science - river watch, animal surveys
- Mental flexibility - challenging a fixed mindset
- $1,297 per person. Transport is not provided or included in this price.
Snowy River, Victoria or Walpole Wilderness Area, WA. 19-25 April 2022
- Hiking expedition: new campsite each night
- Peak activity: Climb + Abseil, Rafting Expedition or Cave + Abseil
- Solo – gratitude
- Communication and leadership workshop
- Final participant led expedition
- $1,616 per person. Transport is not provided or included in this price. This price is the same for Buchan and Walpole programs.
Bete Belong North is the drop-off/pickup point for Snowy River programs and is a 5 hour drive from the school.
Broke is the drop-off/pickup point for Walpole programs and is a 5 hour drive south of Perth. Flights between Melbourne and Perth are ~$1000 return and a minibus charter is ~$1000 each way between Perth and Walpole. A 7-day expedition in Walpole is closer to 9 days including travel from Melbourne. Camping and dinner on base at Walpole the night before program, if required, is free of charge.
The recently released Outward Bound International Global Impact Report 2020 revealed the centralizing theme of CONNECTIONS across all regions and 5 CORE OUTCOMES of Outward Bound programs consistent across the worldwide network of Schools. Connections to:
- Social Competence
- The Natural World
- Environmental Responsibility