Canberra Accommodation... in the bush.
Your Canberra accommodation is just 30 minutes from the heart of Australia’s Capital City surrounded by rolling hills and breathtaking valleys. At the foot of Mt Tennant on the banks of the Murrumbidgee, Outward Bound’s base is perfect for:
- Canberra school excursion accommodation. See Centre based school camps for more information.
- Church and sporting groups
- Weekend escapes
- Conferences and events
- visiting Canberra city while ‘staying in the country’.
These 6 self-contained cabins sleep up to 144 people in total. Each cabin has four bedrooms, sleeping up to 6 people per bedroom for a total of 24 per cabin. Each bedroom has an en-suite shower and toilet and each cabin has a common living area with kitchenette.
* Cabins -$82.50 per person/night
* Including Catering:- $99.00 per person/night.
Each cabin is equipped with a fridge, microwave and crockery. All cabins have central carpark access and a large shared fire pit, perfect for family nights around the fire. All guests are required to provide their own linen.
Self-contained quaint homely cottage accommodation sleeps 6.
* Full size modern kitchen with fridge/freezer, oven/cook top, microwave
* Cosy lounge featuring TV and fire-place
* Spacious bathroom
* Large undercover veranda with outdoor setting
Perfect for the family escape or a small group of friends.
Not as luxurious as the Cabins or Cottage but more comfortable than camping, the three bunkhouses each have an ensuite with shower and a large table and chairs to plan your Canberra excursion. Two bunkrooms have 8 beds each, another has 4 beds for 20 in total.
* Bunkhouses -$49.50 per person/night
* Including catering:- $69.50 per person/night.
Bunkhouses have central carpark access and a shared fire drum, perfect for nights around the fire. All guests are required to provide their own linen.
Campsites for over 100 people across the property, ranging from large open fields to secluded, private campsites. Suitable for campervans, caravans and tents with toilets and hot showers for all. Open style bivvies, mats and sleeping bags can be hired or you can bring all your own camping gear. Fire drums and fire pits can be used for cooking.
* Camping - $22.00 per person/night
Conferences in Canberra now come with grazing kangaroos and laughing kookaburras surrounded by rolling green hills and riverside locations. Bordering Namadgi National Park, Tharwa is a little country town with short, easy access to the bustle of Canberra. Outward Bound’s property has conferencing facilities for 60 with commercial catering and comfortable beds for 100 people.