The ultimate Australian expedition with Outward Bound Australia, now for the first time on the West Coast! Join us for what will be an unforgettable chapter of your life story.
Dates: Wednesday 13 January – Sunday 7 February 2021
Arrival Time: 1600 (4pm) at Walpole Visitor Centre WA
Departure Time: Morning from Walpole WA
Location: Australia’s south-west tip, Western Australia
Price: $6,209 per person incl. GST
Karri to Coast – is the best leadership and personal development experience in Australia?
Are you looking for a peak Australian expedition in our country’s rugged landscape that will set you on a trajectory you’ll reflect on for life? Immerse yourself in the expansive coastline of South-West Western Australia with Outward Bound Australia for an epic 26-day journey starting amongst the towering Karri trees all the way to the wild Southern Ocean.
Karri to Coast is designed around self discovery and realising your potential for resilience, teamwork and leadership. On day one you may not know where North is, but by the end you will be navigating your team off-track through some of the densest and most remote areas of Australia, all under the experienced eye of Outward Bound Australia’s Instructors.
Your Experience at a Glance
- 26-days fully immersed in your environment with no distractions from technology
- Small group sizes capped at 16 people
- Sleep in some of the most remote areas in Australia, where few have been before, camping under the stars in lightweight ‘bivvies’
- As self-sufficient as possible, carrying your own equipment and food
- Learn to work with your teammates to journey, enjoy, and survive in the Australian bush
- Cook in the bush each night with a mix of campfires and stoves
- Frequent food and water drops ensure fresh, big, healthy meals
- Walk amongst the tallest hardwood trees in the world, the Karri forests
- Witness spectacular cliff lines, wildlife and landscapes around every bend
- Partake in highlight adventure activities including high ropes and multi-day hiking and paddling journeys
Karri to Coast Map
Over 110km paddling the Frankland River, navigating the twists and turns of the flowing waters. Paddle across the Broke Inlet and Walpole Inlet, known for it’s dolphin sightings!
With just your two feet, and the support of your group, you’ll travel more than 200km through Hawke National Park, Mt Frankland National Park and stretches of beach along the South-West Coastline.
A solo campout can be a life-changing experience. In a safe, controlled environment, you will be given a ration of food, a shelter, and uninterrupted time to self-reflect.
Spend a full day amongst the tree tops on Outward Bound’s incredible high ropes course to get your heart racing. Challenges include Giant Ladder and Flying Fox.
Outward Bound programs are beyond a simple outdoor experience. You have the chance to explore your core values and build your capacity for:
Compassion and Empathy
Self-Belief and Confidence
Self-Awareness and Self-Management
The ability to bounce back from adversity
To understand and accept another’s perspective and feelings
The ability to envision one’s best self
Being aware of your own values, behaviours and feelings
- Your backpack, sleeping equipment (bag, mat, shelter) and cooking gear.
- All food and water. Dietary options catered for.
- All safety equipment, maps, and communication devices
- All program required transport throughout the 26 days
- Two Outward Bound Group Leaders for the entirety of program
- All National Park and camping/activities fees and permits
Do you need to get outdoors? Are you ready for your next adventure? Are you itching for a peak Australian experience? Enrol today for Karri to Coast, and have a lifetime to talk about your enviable memories.
Have a question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Not yet ready for a month-long journey? Why not join our Discover program; click here to find out more.