Graduate Development Program
Come to our Retaining your Graduates event in Sydney on 4th October 2019 to hear Will Ripley, Director of Learning and Adventure at Outward Bound Trust UK, share case studies of how authentic adventure has improved retention rates for some of UK’s biggest graduate employers.
An Outward Bound graduate development program fast-tracks your graduates to deliver the outcomes your organisation values. They will become ‘work-ready’ faster, developing the capabilities you want to see in your emerging talent, and:
- Equip graduates with the right attitudes, behaviours and values from the outset, meaning you can spend less time managing your young talent
- Improve retention – you’ll have a committed and engaged cohort, who understands your values
- Improve cross disciplinary/department communications – new recruits develop strong connections, providing a business-wide support network to assist with interdepartmental collaborations.
- Make significant cost savings – by investing in the candidates who have accurate expectations of their progression
- See improvements in productivity – your graduates will become economically productive at a much faster rate.
A bespoke graduate development program, designed together, builds these core elements:
- Adaptability and resilience
- Communication skills
- Lateral and critical thinking capabilities
- Adaptive management
- Teamwork, and
- Connectivity to community and self
Why Adventure Learning for a Graduate Development Program?
Like all Outward Bound adventure learning courses it’s the real-life scenarios with real-life consequences that enables personal development. It’s really hard to teach a concept. People relate to:
- Concepts, in that order.
Experiential learning demonstrates concepts and the behaviours associated with them. It enables people to understand concepts better and allows people to make the connections at a neural level.
How do you teach compassion, i.e. having empathy and being motivated to show it? At Outward Bound we create scenarios where showing compassion is essential to gain the desired group outcome. We then transfer this back to real-life work situations. It’s this transfer of learning that makes an Outward Bound graduate development program so powerful.
They’ve kindly shared their expertise with us. We know what works and can deliver your organisations desired outcomes instantly. While we compile our own case studies, read about their success at Outward Bound UK case studies.
Call Outward Bound Australia to enable your graduates to reach their potential with your organisation:
Sydney: Ian Wells 0419 203374 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane: Lisa Flower 0419 203371 – email@example.com
Perth: Cat Murdoch 0419 808676 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Melbourne and Canberra: Ian Wells 0419 203374 – email@example.com
Adventure Learning for Mental Health
Adventure Learning or How to break the cycle of disadvantage and have fun outdoors too By Alex Green, CEO, Outward Bound Mental he...