Date(s) - 25/10/2019
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Outward Bound Sydney Office
See all the photos and read the amazing stories of those who attended the Sydney Alumni Party in October 2019.
Signup to our newsletter to hear about the next one.
Outward Bound Australia has always been great at creating experiences you remember for life. We haven’t always been great at capturing the stories around your experience. We welcome you to come and have a laugh with old friends, make new ones and share what Outward Bound means to you.
Some of you had a life-changing experience that helped propel you into a successful career. Others among you repeatedly fell face first into the mud, stood up and kept walking through the rain. I know one of you can’t forget losing your Dad’s favourite pocket knife… Whatever your story is, we’d love to hear it.
No such thing as a free lunch…
This event is free and we aren’t asking for donations. Please let us us take a 30 second video of you on the night telling your Outward Bound story. We’ll use these videos to market and promote Outward Bound to a new generation. That’s it. Of course you are still welcome to come if you don’t want to feature in a video. Now there is no excuse!
We’ll provide finger food and drinks, including beer and wine. It’s a casual get together on the amazing balcony at our office near Central Station, Sydney.
How to Book
Enter your name, phone number and email in the Booking fields below. Write the year (approximate is OK if you don’t remember exactly!) and location of your Outward Bound journey in the Comment box. We’ll try and connect you with your cohort in advance.
Please note this is for alumni only, tickets do not include partners or friends.
- Why years 1956 to 1990?
- Outward Bound Australia turned 60 in 2016 so participant alumni could be be aged anywhere between 14 and 80. Hosting parties for smaller groups based on year of attendance gives you the chance to re-engage with similar aged alumni. It also gives us the chance to truly engage with you and hear your stories.
- I attended in Outward Bound in 1991, or the early 90’s, can I come?
- If you are one or two years outside the date range, please book a ticket. We’ll create a wait list for people outside this range and prioritise people who attended between 1956 and 1990. If you are came in the late 1990’s or later, please visit our Alumni page and join our the alumni mailing list. We’ll email you an invite when it’s your turn.
- I joined one of your Outward Bound international partners between these dates. Can I come?
- Potentially, depending on numbers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I’m aging and dependent on my spouse or friend to transport me. Can I bring them?
- Yes. If you’re unable to attend without a friend or partner, please book a ticket for them too.
If you have some photos of your Outward Bound experience laying around in a shoe-box, or have a story you’d like to share, please upload them to our Celebrating 60 Years of Outward Bound Australia site.