Outward Bound Australia is a not-for-profit independent educational organisation – there are no shareholders. Instead we have a Board of Directors who are elected by our Foundation Members.
Our Foundation Members are often past program participants (Alumni), previous staff members and business and community members who wish to help promote or support Outward Bound. The common link is that they have all seen the impact an Outward Bound program can have, and wish to be more involved or closer in touch with what Outward Bound is doing. The ways in which each of our Members get involved and the level of participation is entirely up to each individual.
HOW A FOUNDATION MEMBER CAN HELP
- Advocacy Speaking on behalf of Outward Bound at suitable events and forums, talking to others about the work of Outward Bound, writing articles to local newspapers, on social media, sharing stories, forwarding newsletters and emails to others.
- Connections Introducing our Senior Leadership Team to organisations and individuals who are good candidates for support of the Foundation – either through strategic partnership, advocacy, sponsorship, Foundation Membership, or potential new programs.
- Skills Contributing your specialist skills to help an area of need within the organisation e.g. sales and marketing, risk-management, research, accounting, IT etc.
- Time Use your time to help with fundraising events, promotions, introducing OBA staff to useful contacts.
- Financial contributions Through your annual membership payments, donations, purchases of Outward Bound merchandise from Trek Inn. In addition, we welcome contributions towards program scholarships, personal fundraising efforts and bequests.
- Donations in-kind Such as computer resources, course gear, vehicles, fuel and other various goods.
BENEFITS OF FOUNDATION MEMBERSHIP
- Membership Certificate and Renewal Gift An Outward Bound gift as a thank you for renewing your membership
- Communications and updates Newsletter which can be received electronically, Annual Report, brochures and information about courses, notification of annual and special events, and advance announcements of new programs.
- Discounts 25% discount on programs for member and their immediate family, 5% discount on Outward Bound merchandise
- Special opportunities for Members Including special events and invitation only guest expeditions or activities.
BECOMING A FOUNDATION MEMBER
The first and most necessary requirement for our members is that you would like to have a stronger connection with Outward Bound Australia.
Admission to the Foundation is by resolution of the Board of Directors and an annual membership fee is charged.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Foundation Member, please contact the Foundation Memberships Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org