Instructor Positions: For Internationals


  • Over 18 years of age
  • Clear criminal record
  • Eligible for an Australian Working Holiday Visa


To apply for an Instructor position as an international, you must be elibible for a Working Holiday Visa.

The Australian Government provides internationals under the age of 30 from certain countries the opportunity to work in Australia to subsidise travel within the country.

To find out if you are eligible for an Australian Working Holiday Visa, please see the visa information provided by the Australian Government.

What will  my contract look like?

  • Work six months over a 12 month period
  • Six months of intermittent work will be broken into two, three months blocks
  • Option to travel around Australia
  • Paid a daily rate, including board and food during work periods

Required qualifications

  • Formal training in Outdoor Education (supported by Logbook evidence)
  • Wilderness-based First Aid training

Desired qualifications

  • Water Life Saving - however can also be obtained in Australia

Do you meet the above requirements?

Then submit your application to become an Outward Bound Australia Instructor today!
Please note, applications received by candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.