Outward Bound International
Outward Bound Australia is proud to be part of Outward Bound International. Currently we sit as a representative on the board from the Asia Pacific region.
For more information please visit the Outward Bound International website HERE
To read Outward Bound International’s 2013 Annual report please click OBI-Annual-Report-2013
International Outward Bound Schools
Please click on the map below to view the Outward Bound schools around the world.
About Outward Bound International
Outward Bound International is the membership and support organization of the international network of Outward Bound centers.
The Vision of Outward Bound International is:
To promote and protect the good name of Outward Bound throughout the world, and to assist in the establishment, development and support of Outward Bound Centers able to provide safe, high quality programs that fulfill the Mission of Outward Bound
OBI’s strategies to achieve this mission are:
- Managing risk management processes of the Outward Bound centers.
- Providing protection of the Outward Bound trademark and reputation.
- Helping Outward Bound centers to be successful.
- Improving collaboration between Outward Bound centers.
- Establishing adequate, ongoing funding for OBI
A Council with representatives from each fully licensed member school governs Outward Bound International.
The Council appoints a 15-person Board of Directors. The Board aims to have at least:
- Four members from Europe and Africa
- Four members from Asia and the Pacific
- Four members from the Americas
The Board Members pay their own expenses of meeting at least twice a year and participate in fund raising to support OBI. Nominations for Board membership are invited prior to each AGM.